Find out the correct alternative among the following Conditional sentences :
Conditional Sentences | Set-1
- If it ____ we shall go for a picnic.
(a) rains (b) rain (c) rained (d) were rained
- If you march fast, you ____ catch the train.
(a) might (b) would (c) would have (d) may
- If you ____ you will reach the station in time.
(a) hurried (b) will hurry (c) are hurry (d) hurry
- If you ____ ice, it melts.
(a) heats (b) heat (c) will heat (d) none
- If we pour oil on water, it ____.
(a) floats (b) float (c) will float (d) would float
- If I won lottery, I ____ buy a car.
(a) would (b) will (c) shall (d) may
- If you worked hard, you ____ pass.
(a) may (b) will (c) would (d) shall
- If you ____ me tomorrow, I should talk to you in detail.
(a) will meet (b) meet (c) would meet (d) met
- If I were rich, I ____ buy a car.
(a) should (b) might (c) will (d) may
- If I ____ a bird, I should fly.
(a) am (b) were (c) was (d) would
- If I were a teacher, I ____ never go there.
(a) should (b) may (c) shall (d) will
- If he were the Prime Minister, he ____ solve this.
(a) will have (b) shall have (c) would (d) will
- If you ____ hard, you will pass.
(a) worked (b) work (c) would work (d) will work
- If I had worked hard last year, I ____ obtained good marks.
(a) would (b) would have (c) shall have (d) will have
- If you ____ hard, you would pass.
(a) will (b) shall (c) worked (d) work
- If they ____ well, they would have won the match.
(a) had played (b) will play (c) would play (d) played
- If you had informed me earlier, I ____ received you at the bus stand.
(a) will have (b) shall have (c) have (d) should have
- I wished I ____ his address.
(a) know (b) knew (c) had known (d) will know
- He talked as if he ____ everything.
(a) knew (b) know (c) will known (d) had known
- I wish, I ____ his address.
(a) know (b) knew (c) will known (d) had known
- Suresh talks as if he ____ the Chief Minister.
(a) was (b) were (c) will (d) will have
- If she whistled, the boys ____ mind it.
(a) will (b) shall (c) would (d) will have
- If he studied in Aklavya College, everyone ___ welcome him.
(a) will (b) shall (c) shall have (d) would
- If I get chance, I ____ speak on the annual function of the college.
(a) will (b) shall (c) would (d) should
- If I were late, father ____ angry.
(a) will (b) was (c) is (d) has
- If Rahul had studied well, I ____ appointed him chairman.
(a) will (b) shall have (c) would have (d) would be
- If I were your husband, I ____ sail you beyond the oceans.
(a) will (b) shall (c) have (d) would
- If I were an apple, Rahul ____ eat me.
(a) will (b) would (c) shall (d) has
- If I have an aeroplane, I ____ fly.
(a) will (b) shall (C) would (d) might
- If you try, you ____ swim.
(a) will (b) shall (c) can (d) would
For more content related to English, check out these links for 100+ questions on article:-
If you found any mistake in these (Conditional sentences) questions, kindly informs us through contact page.