In this post we are going to discuss about What is the purpose of Class Diagram and Where to use Class Diagrams. Before this you need to know the basics about class diagrams and for that read out last post:
Everything is described in very easy way. So, let’s get started our topic.
What is the Purpose of Class Diagram –
- The purpose of the class diagram is to model the static view of an application.
- Class diagrams are the only diagrams which can be directly mapped with object-oriented languages and thus, widely used at the time of the construction.
So, we are having multiple different software’s with the help of which we can develop the class diagrams and all other UML diagrams.
In case of class diagrams we are having a space depending upon the software, whatever you are going to use, where you can write some algorithms, where you can write some sample codes and where we can write some segments of the code. So that you can communicate with the developer that, what is the code to be written in the form of algorithmic form or in the form of some sample code.
So, the class diagram is particularly used by the coders during the development process. And, that’s why, the class diagram has become so unique compared to other UML diagrams.
- UML diagrams like activity diagrams, sequence diagram can only give the sequence flow of the application, however class diagram is a bit different.
- It is the most popular UML diagram which is very much inclined with a coder community.
The purpose of the class diagram can also be summarized in this way :
- Analysis and design of the static view of an application.
- Describe the responsibilities of a system.
That means each and every class is having the set of attributes or methods (which will be denoting what are the permitted operations that we can carry out on those attributes), different constraints, a purposeful class name. So, that’s why, it describes the responsibilities of a system
- Base for component and deployment diagrams
- Forward and reverse engineering.
Whenever we are going to develop a new software then we look for the forward engineering. And, whenever we are trying to get the layouts a model of the developed software then we are going for the reverse engineering.
Where to use Class Diagram?
- Class diagram is a Static diagram and it is used to model the static view of the application to be developed. The static view describes the vocabulary of the system.
- Class diagram is also considered as the foundation for component and the deployment diagrams.
- Class diagrams are not used to visualize the static view of the system but they are also used to construct the executable code for forward and reverse engineering of any system.
This is the only diagram, which is just related with the object-oriented programming. The coder, developer will develop the application, will write their codes in the class diagram itself. We can keep the algorithm written, can keep the some portion of the code written or full code. Also, can write codes depending upon the options available in the software in which we are going to develop the UML diagrams.
- Generally, UML diagrams are not directly mapped with any object-oriented language programming languages but the class diagram is an exception.
so in this particular class diagram will be getting a good interface between the programming language object oriented programming language and one of the UML diagrams
- Class diagram clearly shows the mapping with object-oriented languages such as Java, C++, etc. From practical experience, class diagram is generally used for construction purpose.
Obviously, the documentation the respective deployment how that this particular class diagrams will be working so everything we were describing here in this class diagram but it is mainly used for the construction purpose of the respective application so
In a nutshell it can be said that class diagrams are used for:
- Describing the static view of the system. Here, we are not going for any kind of introduction or how the control will be flowing in a certain operation. So, dynamic aspect is not getting implemented in our class diagrams. Only the static view of the system we are considering here.
- Showing the collaboration among the elements of the static view.
- Describing the functionalities performed by the system.
- Constructing software applications using object-oriented languages.
So, that’s all about the purpose of class diagram and where to use it. Next, learn about how to draw a class diagram. Follow below mentioned link:
For frontend projects, check and implements these beginner’s friendly projects :- TOP 7 PROJECTS FOR BEGINNERS TO PRACTICE HTML & CSS SKILLS
Want backlinks to your website? Follow this article and get to know in very easy way. How You Can Create High Quality Backlinks In 2021?
Learn about 404 ERROR page – EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT 404 ERROR PAGE FOR SEO
For competitive and university level exams learning with MCQs visit the below links–
Learn about HTML :- Multiple choice questions on HTML
Do practice of C++ programming :- Multiple choice questions on CPP programming
Do practice of C programming :- Multiple choice questions on C programming
Learn more about Software Engineering: Multiple choice questions on SE
In case, you find any typographical, grammatical or any other error in our site then kindly inform us. Don’t forget to provide the appropriate URL along with error description.
Thanks in advance.