In this post, we are going to discuss about the “Role of UML in OO analysis and design”. So, before going into this topic. First understand some basics about UML:
What is UML and its diagram types?
UML – Object Oriented Concepts
Let’s dive into our topic:)
The purpose of object oriented analysis and design can be described as:
- Identifying the objects of a system. (Objects are the main things/entities of the system and for these objects how they are behaving how they are interacting between each other that is the main point of concern in our system.)
- Identifying their relationships. (how the objects are getting related how the relationships are they’re being built between the objects.)
- Making a design, which can be converted to executables using object-oriented language.
So, after doing this object-oriented analysis, we shall be going for an object-oriented design, then we shall go for object oriented implementation through some object-oriented language.
There are three basic steps where this object-oriented concepts are applied and implemented. These steps can be defined as: OO Analysis --> OO Design --> OO implementation using OO languages.
So, let us go for one by one. We are going for object oriented analysis.
- During object-oriented analysis the most important purpose is to identify the objects and then describe them in a proper way. So, each and every object should be having some documentation. So that from the documentation you can get the idea what is a purpose of that object in the system.
- The object should be identified with the responsibilities. So, what are the different operations this object can perform. These are known as the responsibilities. So, that has to be described in the documentation.
- Responsibilities are the functions performed by the object. Each and every object has some type of responsibilities to be performed. When these responsibilities are collaborated the purpose of the system is fulfilled.
So, after discussing the object-oriented analysis. Now, let us discuss about object-oriented design.
- During this phase, emphasis is placed on the requirements and their fulfillments. That means how this recommends can be can be fulfilled or how they are going to get deployed.
- In this stage the objects are collaborated according to that intended association. After the association is complete, the design is also complete.
So, in case of object-oriented design phase the designing of this total system is in some models will get completed and now we shall go for its implementation.
- In this phase, the design is implemented using object-oriented languages such as Java, C++, etc.
So, these are the different object-oriented languages. With the help of which we can go for the implementation of the system. After having the complete analysis design then only the implementation is possible.
So, in this post, we have discussed role of UML in OO analysis and Design. Also, we discussed how object oriented analysis, design and implementation can take place. And, in which phase what is to be done, what has to be completed.
For frontend projects, check and implements these beginner’s friendly projects :- TOP 7 PROJECTS FOR BEGINNERS TO PRACTICE HTML & CSS SKILLS
Want backlinks to your website? Follow this article and get to know in very easy way. How You Can Create High Quality Backlinks In 2021?
Learn about 404 ERROR page – EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT 404 ERROR PAGE FOR SEO
Do practice of C++ programming :- Multiple choice questions on CPP programming
Do practice of C programming :- Multiple choice questions on C programming
In case, you find any typographical, grammatical or any other error in our site then kindly inform us. Don’t forget to provide the appropriate URL along with error description.
Thanks in advance.